Sun, Apr 07|
Annual Educational Trip to Cuba
BOOK BY Dec 25 Be an Ambassador of the USVI and CMCArts
Time & Location
Apr 07, 2024, 7:00 AM – Apr 13, 2024, 7:00 AM
About the Event
Join CMCArts for this fundraiser travel opportunity presented by Dr. Wilfred Labiosa of Cuba Puerto Rico Tours & CMCArts. On this Cultural/Educational Tour to Cuba you will visit museums, artist studios, historical sites and enjoy art, art and more art and the people, culture, spirit and history of beautiful Cuba. Journey to Cuba will be a trip you will never forget!
Journey to Cuba includes the activities as planned and detailed in the tentative itinerary listed below. In most cases it includes RT airfare, mandated health insurance while in Cuba, accommodations in Cuba, ground transportation, and the meals as stipulated in the schedule. Once you are registered, you will need to email copies of your passport to email@example.com, or drop them off at the Museum.
This package includes the following:
Roundtrip airfare from STX to HAV, Hotel/lodging for 7 nights, 1 dinner and 5 lunches, entrances to sites as proposed/scheduled, ground transportation while in Cuba, taxes, and guide in Habana. Not included: visa, gratuities in Cuba, and entrances to shows and activities at night that are not in schedule.
Times will be communicated once airline tickets are secured. Visa's will be secured at a later time for an additional fee.
Double for 2, $6,720. (3360 per person)
Hotel Paseo del Prado:
Double for 2: $6,990. ($3,495 per person)
CMCArts Members receive a 20%
Discount at check-out. (You must be logged in to the site to receive
• Sunday, April 7 – Depart STX to HAV, via SJU/Panama. Meet Wilfred & Drivers outside, after collecting your luggage and submitting declaration form of NOTHING brought into the country. After leaving airport, head to dinner (included) at local restaurant. During dinner, details will be discussed of the exciting things prepared for this trip. Afterwards, head to hotels for check-in and rest.
• Monday, April 8 – After breakfast at your hotel, meet at 9:30 am to head to the artist studio of Choco in La Habana Vieja. We will meet the artist. Then we will head to visit a “warehouse” of artists and local artisans. We will have an overview of the microbusiness entrepreneurship structure in Cuba. Afterwards we will head to lunch at a local eatery. Afterwards we will head for a tour of Hemingway’s beloved Finca Vigia (his home in La Habana), the port area, and Cristo de la Habana. Lunch (included) then head to La Habana., we will have an overview of all the neighborhoods of La Havana (in the bus). Included: Breakfast & Lunch.
• Tuesday, April 9 – After breakfast at your hotel, meet at 9 am for a walking tour of Habana lead by a local community organizer. During the walking tour, we will explore Habana Vieja and will have lunch in a local paladar. Afterwards, head to jaimanitas to visit FusterLandia and view this community project.
Included: Breakfast & Lunch.
• Wednesday, April 10 - After breakfast at your hotel, meet at 8:30 am to head to Pinar del Rio (3-4 hour drive), area known for its Tobacco plantations and scenery. We will visit Patio del Pelegrin, community art project (where we will have lunch, included). Then visit a tobacco plantation before heading back to Habana.
Included: Breakfast & Lunch.
• Thursday, April 11 – After breakfast at your hotel, we will meet to visit Museo de la Revolucion (1.5 hour) and then head to the Callejon de Hamel known for Afro-Cuban traditions and art community project based on the Yoruba Religion by the Late Cuban artist Salvador Gonzalez Escalona. We will visit Plaza La Revolucion and the Monuments surrounding this historical plaza. In the afternoon, we will have a visit to Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes.
Included: Breakfast & Lunch.Thursday night, Wilfred will head for dinner at 7 p.m. at La Fabrica de Arte Cubano, let him know if you would like to join to eat at Paladar La Tierra, La Experiencia (not included in price of package, you will need to pay for your consumption).
• Friday, April 12 – Today you will be able to explore the many studios/private businesses by designers, photographers, and artist all over La Habana and its vicinity. There will be two guided routes.
• Saturday, April 13 – Departure back to STX via Panama/SJU. The bus will depart from your hotel lobby. In the airport, at La Habana, you will check with COPA, then pass Cuban Immigration, then x-rays before walking to your terminal. BE PUNCTUAL. Time will be confirmed upon purchasing airline tickets.
Optional Shows not included in the ticket price:
• Tropicana, wend to Sunday at 8:30 p.m., cost includes show, bottle of rum, appetizer, soda, and transportation, $120 per person. Best nights: Sunday, or Thursday.
• Cabaret Parisien, Show “Habana de Fiesta” every day at 9 p.m. cost includes show and transportation, $100 per person. Best Nights: Any night except Tuesday & Wednesday night.
• Fabrica de Arte, Thursday to Sunday between 7 p.m. to 2 am. Costs vary depending on consumption. If nothing is consumed, $5 charge. Shows change constantly. Depending on date and time you plan to head to Fabrica, transportation can be arranged in one of the antique cars – speak to Wilfred in advance for arrangements.
NOTE: Be aware that this is a tentative schedule subject to change, availability, and schedule (on the ground). Be on time as you are traveling part of a group and not individually. You must inform Wilfred Labiosa of any emergency or situation while on the ground in Cuba.
If you have additional questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sale ends: Dec 25, 11:50 PM
Education Trip to Cuba
Copies of your passport must be emailed to email@example.com within 2 days of bookingFrom $5,300.00 to $6,990.00
- $5,300.00+$132.50 service fee
- $6,720.00+$168.00 service fee
- $5,625.00+$140.63 service fee