Directions to Marsha Shuman’s Piano Studio
51 Estate St. John
Coming from east:
1. Take North Side Rd. (Rt. 75) and turn onto the road that ends at the Judith’s Fancy gate (Rt. 751)
2. Turn left on the 1st paved road (Rt. 750)
3. This road is straight until it reaches the St. John Ruins
4. The road does an S curve around the Ruins, goes up a slight hill after passing the Church of Christ on the left side of the road.
5. At the top of the hill, on the right, is the Lawaetz Greathouse.
6. At the end of the Lawaetz property, after the hedge, turn right onto the dirt road that has a wooden “Shuman” sign
7. This is directly across the street from the Schjang’s house
8. Follow the road down, bearing right, into a valley and up to the top of the hill
9. There are only 3 houses on the road towards the top of the hill
10. Continue to the top of the hill up the driveway with the “Beware of Dog” sign
11. Continue straight ahead, parking will be directed as you enter the property
Coming from west:
1. Take North Side Rd. (Rt. 75) and turn left on the diagonal road after Bennie Benjamin Dr. (Rt. 751) (the road to the hospital and Island Center, Altona Baptist Church is at the corner across from the Bus Shanty)
2. The road only goes to the left, the Pasha Grocery is on the right
3. Count 7 houses on the left and turn on the dirt road across from Schjang’s house – there is a sign that says “Shuman” under a Flamboyant tree.
4. Follow the road down into a valley bearing right and up to the top of the hill
5. There are only 3 houses on the road towards the top of the hill
6. Continue to the top of the hill up the driveway with the “Beware of Dog” sign
7. Continue straight ahead - parking will be directed as you enter the property